RCDP Field Organizer Job Description
The Richland County Democratic Party is seeking qualified applicants for the position of Field Organizer for work in Richland County. The field organizer position is a limited duration assignment, with a targeted start date of September 4 and an end date of November 6. Compensation for this position is $15 per hour.
The Field Organizer will work to accomplish the following objectives:
- Turn out Democratic voters in Richland County by running an aggressive Get Out The Vote (GOTV) program;
- Coordinate with Democratic campaigns to bolster their field operations in Richland County; and
- Build the base of the RCDP to ensure its sustainability beyond the election.
Specific responsibilities of the Field Organizer include but are not limited to following:
- Building and deploying a volunteer base for RCDP, by (1) recruiting, motivating, and managing volunteers for canvassing, phonebanking, and data entry, and (2) working (either directly or through volunteers/interns) to ensure that our volunteer databases are organized and kept up-to-date;
- Executing aggressive GOTV strategies door-to-door contact;
- Organizing canvasses, ensuring that all get-out-the vote contact goals are met;
- Supervising and training interns
- Other duties as assigned.
Applicants should expect to work peak canvassing hours, including afternoons and weekends, and have access to reliable transportation.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- Knowledge of and experience with the Voter Activation Network (VAN) is encouraged;
- Previous experience as an organizer or campaign staffer is encouraged;
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic;
- Ability to motivate volunteers to reach goals;
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to adapt quickly and accomplish goals as set forth by the campaign;
- Results-oriented, dependable, and proactive;
- Ability and willingness to maintain confidentiality; and
- Working knowledge of local politics and strong relationships with Democratic leaders is preferred.
To Apply, please send resume and a brief introduction to Dillon Corbett at email@example.com or apply in person at RCDP headquarters 915 Lady Street, Suite 111 Monday- Friday 12PM-4PM