Be a part of history: vote November 6.
What you need to know:
- Polls open at 7am and close at 7pm.
- If you are in line by 7pm, you cannot be turned away.
- You will be asked to present a Photo ID. Acceptable forms of ID include a SC Driver’s License, voter registration card with photo, US Passport, Federal Military ID, and ID Card Issued by the SC Department of Motor Vehicles.
- If you forget your Photo ID, you can ask to vote with a provisional ballot. For that ballot to be counted, you must follow up by presenting a valid photo ID to the county election commission at 2020 Hampton Street.
- To confirm your registration and your polling place, go to scvotes.org and fill out your information. Then click ‘view sample ballot’ to see what will appear on your ballot when you vote.
- To learn more about the candidates and issues, go to vote411.org and fill out your information. Then click ‘get personalized information on candidates and issues.’
Who to contact:
- If you have questions or trouble with your voter registration, call the Richland County Elections Office: 803-576-2240.
- If you need a ride to the polls, call us: 803-994-9031.
- If you are denied your right to vote, have a problem at your polling place, or you notice irregularities, call our Voter Protection Team for Richland County: 1-833-VOTESC2.
Election Night Watch Party
Join James Smith, Mandy Powers Norrel, Melvin Whittenburg and other candidates to watch the election returns.
1208 Washington Place
at 1208 Washington Street
Columbia SC 29201
Tuesday, November 6